When Mrs. Sushmita ( name changed) 47 yrs old energetic lady, developed the Pain around the Shoulder, she neglected it assuming that the pain will go by itself. But as the time passed, pain did not go away and shoulder started getting stiffer n stiffer more over she was finding difficulty in doing her DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES like combing her hair, wearing cloths, etc.
According to MEDILEXICAN’s medical dictionary, Adhesive Capsulitis is a condition in which joint movement becomes restricted because of inflammatory thickening of the capsule; a common cause for stiffness.
Frozen shoulder is the condition where women are more affected then men at the age between 40-60 yrs.
Population suffering with Diabetes , Hyper/hypo thyroid-ism , Cardiovascular diseases and Parkinson’s diseases, Cervical spondylosis are more likely to get affected with FROZEN SHOULDER.
There are 3 Stages of Adhesive Capsulitis:
- Stage 1: The shoulder hurts, especially at night, and the pain worsens with time. “These patients do not sleep,” This lasts up to three months. In the first stage, inflammation in the lining tissue triggers the growth of scar tissue.
- Stage 2: The pain continues and the shoulder stiffens; overhead movements are tough or impossible. This can last up to nine the second phase, the sticky joint lining starts bonding to the bones in the joint, forming what are known as adhesions.
- Stage 3: The pain is gone, but the stiffness remains until a gradual thaw sets in. This can last up to 13 month .In the final “thawing” phase, the shoulder gradually regains movement.
1) ELECTRICAL MODALITIES :- INTER FERENTIAL THERAPY and ULTRA SOUND THERAPY
2) COLD COMPRESSION PACKS
3) MANIPULATION AND MOBILIZATION
4) SHOULDER EXERCISES
With above Physiotherapy Treatment Patient’s Range of motion can be increased and bring it back to normal along with reduction in shoulder pain.
Hope above information can provide some knowledge about Frozen shoulder.
Feel free to contact us at +91-9886330012